I for one would love to have more than just monthly meetups. Ionut mentioned code dojos, but I think we should figure out both topics and medium of discussing/approaching them.
The plan is for people to contribute topics they would like to attend or present/direct. I’ll create a poll afterwards and we can figure out details later.
Here’s a list of topics I could present / direct / moderate / etc.
1-2 hour presentations:
- Curry-Howard Isomorphism (Logic - Type Theory - Category Theory) - basic level
- Free Monads
- Functor Basics
- Applicative and the Alternative Semiring
- Extended Functor Family (Contravariant, Bifunctor, Profunctor)
Series of presentations:
- [2-3 presentations] Category Theory Basics
- [2-3 presentations] Lambda Calculus and Basics of FP
- Hack meetups where we work on various projects (maybe even OSS?)
- Online meetups?
… and probably many other beginner to intermediate level FP presentations that may be requested.